As simple as can be, this recipe will be your new go-to for when the sugar cravings strike.
Strawberry Streusel Bars
Makes 1 (9×9-inch) pan
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar, divided
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- ¾ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9×9-inch pan with baking spray with flour and line with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1½ cups flour, oats, ¾ cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until butter is in pea-size pieces and mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture and store in freezer until ready to use. Press remaining crumb mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Bake until set and mixture looks dry, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, stir together strawberries, remaining ¼ cup flour, remaining ¼ cup brown sugar, remaining ½ teaspoon cinnamon, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Spread over cooled crust and top with reserved crumb mixture and almonds.
- Bake until mixture is bubbly around edges, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.