Fresh strawberries’ sweetness pairs perfectly with the vinegary bite in the jelly.
Strawberry Pepper Jelly
Makes About 1 Pint
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2½ teaspoons low-sugar powdered pectin
- Cream cheese and crackers, to serve
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries and sugar. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving liquid; set strawberries aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring reserved strawberry liquid, ¼ cup vinegar, and red pepper to a boil over medium heat; cook until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; add strawberries, and cook for 10 minutes. Sprinkle pectin over strawberry mixture, stirring to combine; simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar. Carefully transfer to a sterilized glass jar. Cover and let cool at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 1 month. Serve with cream cheese and crackers.