Your favorite homemade or store-bought preserves brighten up these buttery bites.
Strawberry-Lime Thumbprint Cookies
Yields: About 15
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, divided
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter and confectioners’ sugar with a mixer at medium speed until creamy, 2 to 3 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add flour, ½ teaspoon zest, and salt, and beat at low speed until combined. Using a 1-tablespoon spring-loaded scoop, scoop dough, and place 2 inches apart on prepared pan. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, gently make an indentation in center of each dough ball.
- In a small bowl, stir together strawberry preserves and remaining ½ teaspoon zest. Fill centers of each ball with ½ teaspoon preserves mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Bake until edges are lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely on pan. Dust with confectioners’ sugar, if desired.