Cake can only get better when ice cream and fresh strawberries are added! This Strawberry Ice Cream Cake is cooling and refreshing, as well as easy to make.
Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
Yield:12 to 16 servings
Write a review
- 1 prepared angel food cake
- 1 gallon strawberry ice cream, softened
- 2 cups sliced strawberries (about 1 pint)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Slice cake in half horizontally. Set aside.
- Spread one-third of ice cream in bottom of a 10- to 15-cup tube pan; top with one cake half. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining one-third ice cream, smoothing top with an offset spatula.
- Wrap pan tightly with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight or up to 3 weeks.
- In a medium bowl, stir together strawberries and sugar. Let stand at least 20 minutes.
- To remove cake from pan, dip bottom of pan in warm water approximately 10 seconds. Invert onto a cutting board to slice. Serve with strawberries.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/