With its crunchy granola crust, this strawberry-swirled pie is a frozen version of your favorite golden and bubbly oven-baked treat.
Strawberry Crisp Ice Cream Pie
Yields: 1 (9-inch) pie
- 2 cups granola
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry preserves
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
- Garnish: whipped topping, fresh strawberries, granola
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse granola until coarsely ground. Add melted butter, pulsing to combine. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Wipe out food processor; add strawberries and preserves. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir ice cream until smooth. Gently fold in half of strawberry sauce; pour mixture into prepared crust. Freeze at least 12 hours. Garnish with whipped topping, strawberries, remaining strawberry sauce, and granola just before serving.