This icebox pie features fresh strawberries and an easy no-bake vanilla wafer crust.
Strawberry Chiffon Icebox Pie
Yield: 1 (9-inch) pie
Write a review
- 11⁄2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Garnish: whipped topping, fresh strawberries, fresh mint
- In a medium bowl, stir together crushed vanilla wafers, melted butter, and salt. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Freeze until firm, approximately 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Using a potato masher, crush berries. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons hot water and gelatin until smooth. Whisk gelatin mixture into strawberry mixture. Refrigerate until partially set, approximately 20 minutes. Fold whipped topping into strawberry mixture; spoon into prepared crust. Refrigerate until firm, approximately 2 hours. Garnish with whipped topping, strawberries, and mint, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/