A nod to the summer favorite strawberry-pretzel salad, this lovely layered pie is a berry-filled indulgence.
Strawberry Cheesecake Pie
Makes 1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie
- 1½ cups finely crushed pretzels
- ⅓ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups halved fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, stir together crushed pretzels, brown sugar, flour, and butter until well combined. Firmly press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie dish. Bake until set, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar with a mixer at medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Add cream and slowly increase speed to high; beat until thick and smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Spread over prepared crust. Refrigerate.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together granulated sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Add 1 cup warm water and corn syrup, whisking until smooth. Cook over medium heat until boiling. Let boil for 10 minutes, whisking occasionally (mixture will be thick). Remove from heat and whisk in gelatin, lemon juice, and vanilla. Pour into a heatproof bowl, and let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place fresh strawberries on top of cream cheese layer. Pour cooled strawberry sauce over berries. Chill until set, at least 3 to 4 hours.