The combination of juicy strawberries and buttery biscuits makes this crave-worthy dish almost too good to be true.
Strawberry Biscuit Casserole
Makes 10 to 12 Servings
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 (16.3-ounce) cans refrigerated flaky biscuits, separated and cut in half*
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together strawberries, granulated sugar, cornstarch, eggs, lemon zest and juice, cinnamon, and salt. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Arrange half of biscuits in prepared baking dish; pour half of strawberry mixture over biscuits. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake until filling is bubbly and biscuits are cooked through, 50 to 55 minutes, loosely covering with foil during the last 25 minutes of baking to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Serve warm.
*We used Pillsbury Grands! Original Flaky Layers.