Vinegar brightens the flavor of these quick and easy Stovetop Green Beans. Try them as a quick and easy side this holiday season.
Stovetop Green Beans
Makes about 8 servings
Write a review
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat; add green beans. Cook until just tender, about 2 minutes. Drain, and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add shallot; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Add blanched beans; season with salt and pepper. Cook until heated through. Drizzle with vinegar. Serve immediately.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/
Find more great recipes like this one in Taste of the South‘s December 2016 issue!