This crisp is full of fresh stonefruit, topped with a pecan crumble, and baked until golden and bubbly!
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 4 fresh red plums, pitted and sliced
- 4 fresh black plums, pitted and sliced
- 4 fresh yellow plums, pitted and sliced
- 4 fresh plumcots, pitted and sliced
- 4 fresh nectarines, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together plums, plumcots, nectarines, sugar, 1⁄3 cup flour, and vanilla. Let stand 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together remaining 1 cup flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and salt. Using a fork or pastry blender, cut in butter until combined. Stir in pecans until crumbly.
- Spoon fruit into prepared dish. Sprinkle crumble over fruit.
- Bake 20 minutes. Cover with foil, and bake 15 minutes more. Let cool 15 minutes.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/