This hearty Stir-Fried Cabbage and Bacon dish will bring comfort to the supper table all season.
Stir-Fried Cabbage and Bacon
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon caraway seeds
- 6 cups cored chopped cabbage
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- In a large skillet, cook potatoes in water to cover with 1 teaspoon salt until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- In same skillet, cook bacon until beginning to get crispy. Add onion, garlic, cooked potatoes, and caraway seeds. Cook until onions are tender, bacon is cooked, and potatoes get crispy, about 20 minutes.
- Add cabbage, butter, and vinegar, stirring to combine. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove lid and stir until cabbage is tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ½ teaspoon salt, pepper, parsley, and thyme. Serve warm.