When it comes to Southern tailgating, the expectations are high. This winning recipe for Spinach Bacon Dip is perfect shared outside the stadium or at home with friends.
Spinach Bacon Dip
Yield: 12 to 16 servings
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 (6-ounce) packages fresh baby spinach
- 2 (16-ounce) containers sour cream
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (1-pound) package hickory-smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Pita chips
- In a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Add spinach; cook, stirring constantly, until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes. Let spinach cool completely; drain, and finely chop.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, cream cheese, dill, parsley, chives, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and red pepper. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add spinach and bacon, beating to mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with pita chips.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/