Make-Ahead Tip: This crunchy snack mix stays fresh up to 5 days, so it’s perfect to make before a party and cross off your list.
Spicy Snack Mix
Yield: approximately 4 cups
Write a review
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsulphured molasses
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups salted mixed nuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups sesame sticks
- 1⁄2 cup roasted salted pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup wasabi peas
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and garlic. Microwave on high until butter is melted, about 11⁄2 to 2 minutes. Discard garlic. Add Worcestershire, molasses, paprika, salt, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper; whisk to combine. Stir in nuts, sesame sticks, and pumpkin seeds. Spread mixture evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring every 15 minutes, until dry, approximately 45 minutes. Remove from oven, and stir in wasabi peas. Let cool on pan. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/