Sriracha and pineapple combine to give this Glazed Ham a wonderful sweet and spicy flavor.
Spicy Pineapple Glazed Ham
Yields: 10-12 Servings
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10- to 11-pound) bone-in smoked ham (shank portion)
- 1 (20-ounce) can sliced pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 cup pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 11⁄2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- Garnish: fresh parsley, fresh celery leaves
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a roasting pan with foil; spray with cooking spray. Pour 1 cup water in pan. Using a sharp knife, lightly score outside of ham. Place ham in prepared pan.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a medium bowl, whisk together reserved juice, pineapple preserves, mustard, and Sriracha. Brush ham with preserves mixture. Place pineapple slices on ham, securing with wooden picks; trim ends of picks, if necessary. Loosely cover with foil.
- Bake ham 1 hour. Uncover, and bake until a meat thermometer registers 160°, about 11⁄2 hours more, brushing with pineapple mixture occasionally. (Loosely cover with foil to prevent excess browning, if needed.) Place ham on a serving platter. Garnish with parsley and celery leaves, if desired.