As a vessel for your ham or served on their own, these cheesy Spicy Cheddar Biscuits are irresistible.
Spicy Cheddar Biscuits
Makes 8 to 10
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- ⅔ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole buttermilk, divided
- Melted butter Butter and honey, to serve
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, add flour, baking powder, salt, and red pepper; pulse to combine. Add cold butter; pulse until butter is in pea-size pieces, 4 to 5 times. Add cheese and ¾ cup buttermilk; pulse just until ingredients are moistened. Gradually add remaining ¼ cup buttermilk, if needed.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; gently knead 3 times. Roll dough to ½-inch thickness. Fold dough in half. Using a 2½-inch cutter dipped in flour, cut dough, without twisting cutter, rerolling scraps once. Place 1 inch apart on prepared pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Brush with melted butter. Split biscuits; serve with butter and honey, if desired.