Horchata—the cinnamon- and vanilla-infused drink— inspired this creamy treat.
Spiced Rice Pudding
Makes 6 Servings
- 1½ cups short-grain Arborio rice cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 1½ cups rice milk
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup plus 9 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 6 (4-ounce) ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together cooled cooked rice, rice milk, cream, ⅓ cup sugar, eggs, cinnamon, and extracts. Let stand for 10 minutes. Divide mixture among prepared ramekins. Place ramekins in a large roasting pan. Add enough water to roasting pan to reach halfway up sides of ramekins.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Gently stir each pudding, and smooth tops. Bake until set, 20 to 30 minutes more. Sprinkle each ramekin with 1½ teaspoons sugar. Using a kitchen torch or placed under the broiler, brûlée until sugar is caramelized. Serve immediately.