Tossing pork rinds in a homemade spice blend allows you to control the flavor. For a twist, toss them in powdered ranch seasoning or lemon pepper.
Spiced Pork Rinds with Pimiento Cheese
Makes 4 to 6 Servings
- 1¼ teaspoons smoked paprika, divided
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder, divided
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard, divided
- ¼ teaspoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (3.25-ounce) bag pork rinds
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 teaspoon paprika, garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon onion powder, ¼ teaspoon mustard, brown sugar, chili powder, and pepper.
- Place pork rinds on prepared pan; spray with cooking spray until coated. Sprinkle pork rinds with paprika mixture, tossing until well combined.
- In a large bowl, beat mayonnaise and cream cheese with a mixer at medium speed until mostly smooth (some small lumps are fine), 2 to 3 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl as needed. Add Worcestershire, remaining ¼ teaspoon paprika, remaining ½ teaspoon onion powder, and remaining ¼ teaspoon mustard, beating to combine. Stir in cheeses, pimientos, and chives. Garnish with chives, if desired. Serve immediately with spiced pork rinds.