This refreshing, subtly spiced drink is the perfect way to say goodbye to summer and hello to fall.
Spiced Fig-Ginger Cocktail
Makes 1 cocktail
- Ice cubes
- 2 ounces spiced rum
- 2 tablespoons fig jam
- ½ ounce orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Fig Syrup (recipe follows)
- Ginger beer, chilled
- Garnish: fresh figs halves, orange zest
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh or Preserved Figs
- ¼ cup water
- Fill a chilled 10-to 12-ounce glass with ice cubes.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine rum, fig jam, orange juice, and Fig Syrup. Add ice. Cover and shake vigorously until shaker is frosty. Strain into prepared glass. Top with ginger beer. Garnish with fig and zest, if desired.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, figs, and ¼ cup water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally, about 1 minute. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve set over a small bowl. Let cool completely; chill until ready to use.