Pecans, almonds, and sweet pumpkin-spiced caramel corn come together to make this fun and festive treat!
Spiced Caramel Corn and Nut Mix
Yield: approximately 16 cups
Write a review
- 12 cups air-popped white kernel popcorn
- 2 cups toasted pecan halves
- 2 cups toasted whole almonds
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup plus 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 250°. Coat a large disposable aluminum pan with nonstick cooking spray. Combine popcorn, pecans, and almonds in prepared pan. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrups, butter, and vanilla. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring only once. Remove mixture from heat. Add baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice, stirring to combine. Pour caramel mixture over popcorn mixture, stirring to coat.
- Bake for 15 minutes; remove from oven and stir mixture. Repeat 3 times for a total of 1 hour. Remove from oven; stir once more to break up any large clusters. Let cool for 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/