Sparkling Melon and Ginger Granita
Write a review
- 6 cups cubed fresh cantaloupe
- Ginger Simple Syrup
- 1 cup cold prosecco wine
- Garnish: candied ginger and fresh basil
- In the container of a blender, pulse cantaloupe until smooth. Whisk purée into Ginger Simple Syrup. Add wine to syrup mixture, being careful not to overmix. Pour mixture into a 13x9-inch metal baking pan; place pan in freezer.
- Freeze for 20 minutes. Using a fork, stir icy portions into the middle of pan every 20 minutes for 1½ hours. Using the same fork, scrape mixture into flaky crystals. Cover mixture with plastic wrap, and store in freezer for up to 3 days.
- To serve, scrape granita into prepared cups. Garnish with candied ginger and basil, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/