Full of fresh flavors, this super-fast Southwest Slaw makes a great side dish or taco topper.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 1 ear fresh corn, shucked
- 1 fresh jalapeño
- 1 (10-ounce) package finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add corn and jalapeño; cook until charred on all sides, approximately 4 minutes total. Let cool slightly. Cut kernels from cob; scrape charred skin from jalapeño, and discard. Mince jalapeño.
- In a large bowl, combine corn kernels, jalapeño, cabbage, bell pepper, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, garlic, salt, cumin, and pepper. Pour over cabbage mixture, stirring to combine. Store, covered, in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/