The Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses soak up the flavor of the herb-filled vinaigrette overnight, packing this pasta salad with pockets of bold flavor.
Southwest Marinated Cheese Pasta Salad
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cubed sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 1 pound elbow pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 large poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro, ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, cilantro, green onion, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir in cheeses. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Stir in cooked pasta, poblano, bell pepper, and tomatoes. Garnish with cilantro and pepper, if desired.