To keep the quesadillas warm while you finish cooking, place them on a baking sheet in a 225° oven.
Yield: 4 quesadillas
Write a review
- 1 pound pulled pork (about 2 cups, firmly packed)
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce, plus additional to serve
- 8 (6-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup cooked collard greens, drained
- 1⁄2 cup canned black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup dill pickle relish
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Barbecue sauce (optional)
- Heat a well-seasoned 10-inch cast-iron griddle over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, stir together pork and barbecue sauce.
- Place 1 tortilla on a clean work surface. Spreading each in an even layer, add 1⁄2 cup pork mixture, 1⁄4 cup greens, 2 tablespoons black-eyed peas, 1 tablespoon relish, and 1⁄2 cup cheese. Top with another tortilla. Using a large spatula, transfer to hot pan.
- Cook until golden brown and cheese is melted, approximately 2 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve with barbecue sauce, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/