“When I was growing up, deviled eggs were always on the menu. While I still love traditional deviled eggs, this updated version is one of my favorites.” – Gena Knox
Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
Yield: approximately 8 servings
Write a review
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon capers, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon caper brine (from caper jar)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped smoked salmon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: fresh parsley leaves, chopped fresh chives, pepper
- FIRST In a medium saucepan, place eggs. Add cold water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, and remove from heat. Let stand 8 minutes; drain. Place eggs in a bowl of ice water and let cool.
- NEXT Gently peel each egg, and cut in half lengthwise. Set whites aside. In a medium bowl, place yolks. Mash yolks with a fork; stir in mayonnaise, mustard, capers, brine, salmon, and onion. Stir in pepper.
- LAST Spoon yolk mixture into egg white halves; garnish with parsley, chives, and pepper, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/
Recipe by Gena Knox