Your weeknight supper just got easier.
Slow Cooker Chicken
Makes 1 whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4-pound) whole chicken
- 4 small onions, peeled
- In a small bowl, stir together oil, pepper, salt, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder; rub mixture over chicken. In the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker, place onions. Place chicken on onions.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 165°. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
To crisp the chicken skin after cooking, place the chicken on a sheet pan under the broiler for 3 to 4 minutes before serving.