Enriched by flavorful pan juices, this simple pan sauce transforms the flavor of these hearty steaks. Get more Cast-Iron Cookout recipes in our summer issue, available at this link.
Skillet Steaks with Garlic Browned Butter
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Write a review
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (11⁄2-inch-thick) T-bone steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- Garnish: fresh oregano
- Preheat grill to high heat (400° to 450°). Preheat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet on grill 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Sprinkle both sides of steaks with spice mixture.
- Add oil to skillet (oil should smoke); place steaks in skillet. Cook, uncovered, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn steaks; cook, covered, 4 minutes more. Uncover; add butter and garlic to skillet. Cook until butter is browned, 2 to 3 minutes more. Carefully remove skillet from grill; spoon butter over steaks. Garnish with oregano, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/