When it comes to cooking the perfect steak, the skillet is the only way to go. These juicy, tender steaks are perfect when topped with our Herbed Compound Butter. You’ll never grill a steak again.
Write a review
- 4 beef tenderloin fillets, cut 2 inches thick
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup butter
- 2 shallots, cut into quarters
- 6 cloves garlic
- Herbed Compound Butter
- Remove steaks from refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking; pat dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle steaks evenly with ¾ teaspoon
- salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add butter, and heat until melted. Add shallot and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned, approximately 5 minutes. Remove shallot and garlic. Set aside.
- Add steaks to skillet, being careful not to overcrowd skillet. Cook 3 to 5 minutes without moving. Sprinkle steaks evenly with remaining ¾ teaspoon salt and remaining ½ teaspoon pepper. Turn steaks over, and return shallot and garlic to pan.
- Place skillet in oven. Bake until a meat thermometer inserted in center of steaks reads 125° (or to desired degree of doneness), approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove steaks from oven. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with Herbed Compound Butter
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/