This comforting cookie makes enough to feed a hungry holiday crowd.
Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (11.5-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks
- Peppermint ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined. Stir in chocolate chunks. Spoon into prepared skillet, spreading to edges of pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving. Serve with ice cream, if desired.