Quiche and hashbrowns combine in this creamy breakfast delight.
Skillet Breakfast Casserole
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 5 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 2 cups sliced smoked sausage*
- 1 (6-ounce) package baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place a 12-inch cast-iron skillet in oven to preheat.
- Carefully remove hot skillet from oven. Add oil and hash browns to skillet; top with sausage. Bake 15 minutes; remove from oven. Reduce oven to 350°.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine spinach and water. Cover tightly with plastic wrap; microwave 2 minutes. Drain, and squeeze as much liquid from spinach as possible. Sprinkle spinach over sausage in skillet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, ½ cup cheese, sour cream, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Pour egg mixture over spinach. Top with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake until center is set, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
*We used Conecuh Brand Hickory Smoked Sausage.