These tender cornmeal pancakes are loaded with crunchy pecans and drenched in cane syrup.
Silver Dollar Pecan-Cornmeal Pancakes
Makes about 28
Write a review
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal mix
- ½ cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Cane syrup, butter, and toasted chopped pecans, to serve
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal mix, pecans, sugar, and salt. Make a well in center of mixture. In a medium bowl, stir together buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla, and eggs. Add to dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- In a large cast-iron griddle or skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Working in batches, drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls 1 inch apart over hot oil. Cook until edges are dry and bubbles form in center of pancakes, about 3 minutes; turn, and cook until browned, about 2 minutes more. Use remaining oil as needed. Serve with cane syrup, butter, and pecans.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/