No matter your main, this side dish will be a welcome addition to brighten up your menu.
Sheet Pan-Roasted Okra, Tomatoes, and Peppers with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 12 ounces multicolored cherry tomatoes (about 2 cups)
- ½ pound fresh okra, stemmed and halved lengthwise
- ½ pound mini sweet peppers, halved
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- ¼ teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro*
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon garlic paste
- Garnish: fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, okra, sweet peppers, 2 tablespoons oil, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper, tossing until well coated. Pour onto prepared pan. Bake until vegetables are tender and slightly charred, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons oil, lime zest and juice, cilantro, honey, garlic paste, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Drizzle vinaigrette over okra mixture. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
*If cilantro isn’t your favorite, it can be substituted for another in-season herb, such as basil.