This Sheet-Pan Flank Steak proves that a steak supper can be both impressive and simple.
Sheet-Pan Flank Steak
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 pound baby yellow potatoes, halved
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1½ teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
- 1 (2-pound) flank steak
- 2 medium zucchini (about 6 ounces each), cut into 3x½-inch pieces
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss together potatoes, 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, 1 teaspoon garlic, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Spread potato mixture evenly on baking sheet. Bake until potatoes just start to lightly brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- While potatoes are cooking, rub both sides of steak evenly with 2 tablespoons oil and 1 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle with remaining 3 teaspoons garlic and ¾ teaspoon pepper.
- Increase oven temperature to 500°.
- Move potatoes in a single layer to one side of baking sheet. Place steak next to potatoes. Add zucchini next to steak on baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Bake until vegetables are tender and steak is at desired degree of doneness, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining ¼ cup Parmesan, parsley, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Just before serving, sprinkle with Parmesan mixture.