With seasonal fruit and veggies, this is the perfect salad to serve during fall and winter.
Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1½ pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, shaved
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Bartlett pears, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, place Brussels sprouts.
- In a medium skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until browned and crispy, about 12 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon and add to bowl with Brussels sprouts.
- In same skillet, add vinegar; heat over medium heat, scraping bits from bottom of pan. Let simmer until slightly reduced, about 4 minutes. Add shallot, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper, stirring until well combined. Add oil in a slow and steady stream, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Carefully pour dressing over Brussels sprouts mixture. Add sliced pears and toss until well combined. Serve warm or refrigerate until desired temperature is achieved.