This spring and summer, lighten up your meals while enhancing their flavor with Tony’s Creole-style salad dressings. Tony Chachere’s® Famous Creole Cuisine’s salad dressings are the perfect complement to all the flavors found in Tony’s product lines. From the peppercorn-like zing of the Ranch to the sweet and peppery zip of the French, and the herbal zest of the Italian, these dressings are so versatile they can be used on just about anything.
While you can’t go wrong adding either Tony’s Ranch, French, or Italian dressings to your favorite salad, why not try one in Cajun poutine, sweet and sour chicken, or Italian chicken breast with bread pudding? Tony’s dressings bring endless possibilities to the table, BBQ and picnic.
- 2 Pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes, Diced
- 1 Tablespoon White Vinegar
- 3 Stalks Celery, Chopped
- ⅓ Cup Scallions or Red Onions, Chopped
- ½ Cup Sweet or Dill Pickles, Chopped
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Tony’s Creole-Style Ranch Salad Dressing
- 1 Teaspoon Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning
- ½ Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Tony’s Pepper Sauce (Optional)
- Cut the potatoes into small bite-sized pieces that are similar in size (no need to peel the potatoes, but you can if you prefer). Add them to a large pot (don’t salt the water) and ensure they are covered by one inch of water. Bring the potatoes to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat and let them simmer until they’re tender when pierced by a knife.
- While the potatoes cook, add the mayo, Tony’s Creole-Style Ranch Dressing, Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning, paprika, garlic powder and Tony’s Pepper Sauce (optional) to a small bowl and mix together until smooth. Refrigerate until needed.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them thoroughly and then return them to the pot they cooked in. Drizzle them with white vinegar and toss gently with 2 spoons. Let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooling, prep the celery, onions and pickles, and add them to a large salad bowl.
- After the potatoes have cooled for 20 minutes (they will still be warm but not so hot that the mixed dressing will separate), add them to the salad bowl along with the dressing. Toss gently until coated. Sprinkle a little extra Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning on top.
- Serve immediately or cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate to let the flavors meld a bit more before serving.
Tony Chachere’s® Famous Creole Cuisine is celebrating its 50th Anniversary! Founded in 1972 by Tony Chachere, Tony Chachere’s® continues to be family-owned and operated and is located in Opelousas, Louisiana. Employing more than 100 people, the family maintains a tradition of Creole authenticity in its comprehensive line of seasonings, dinner mixes, marinades, and sauces for both pantry and table.
As part of Tony’s 50th Anniversary Celebration, pick up your commemorative can of Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning. Order it now at tonychachere.com.