Drizzle leftover toasted benne dressing on salads or roasted potatoes.
Sautéed Green Beans with Toasted Benne Dressing
Makes 4 to 6 Servings
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons toasted benne seeds
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- Garnish: toasted benne seeds
- In the container of a blender, place mayonnaise, benne seeds, vinegar, confectioners’ sugar, and sesame oil; blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add green beans in an even layer; cook for 3 minutes, without stirring. Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in garlic, salt, and pepper; cook for 3 minutes, without stirring. Add 1 tablespoon water, and stir; cover and cook until beans are tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drizzle green beans with toasted benne dressing. Garnish with benne seeds, if desired.