This all-in-one dinner is the perfect dish to deliver and share with a friend.
Sausage and Broccoli Pasta Bake
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 (15-ounce) jars Alfredo sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) package linguine noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1 (15-ounce) bag frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- ½ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- Grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until browned, using the back of a wooden spoon to break up pieces, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add onion and mushrooms to skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender and most of the moisture has evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes. Add to sausage.
- To sausage and onions, add Alfredo sauce, cooked pasta, broccoli, and Parmesan. Stir until well combined. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Increase oven temperature to broil. Uncover and bake until bread crumbs are golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes more. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
MAKE AHEAD: Let baked pasta cool for 1 hour. Wrap the dish tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 7 days. To reheat, let dish stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Remove plastic wrap and cover with foil. Bake at 325° until warmed through, about 20 minutes.