Salted Peanut Brittle Milkshakes
Write a review
- 2 cups roasted salted peanuts
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼cup water
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel or other flaked salt
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup malted milk powder
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Spread peanuts in an even layer on parchment, and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and ¼ cup water to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring just until sugar dissolves. Continue cooking, without stirring, until mixture is brown, approximately 7 minutes. Carefully pour mixture evenly over peanuts; sprinkle with salt. Let cool completely. Break into small pieces.
- In the container of a blender, in batches if necessary, combine ice cream, milk, peanut butter, and malted milk powder. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses, and top with whipped cream and peanut brittle pieces. Store leftover brittle in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/