Made with 3 kinds of cheeses and 5 types of roasted veggies, this queso dip lacks nothing in flavor.
Roasted Vegetable Queso Dip
Yield: 16 to 20 servings
Write a review
- 8 ears fresh corn, cut off the cob
- 2 large poblano peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 large red bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 6 tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 2 large red onions, sliced 1⁄2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 21⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8-ounce) packages Oaxaca cheese, shredded
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound fontina cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 500°. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Place corn and peppers on one prepared pan. Place tomatoes and onions on other pan.
- Bake corn and peppers, stirring corn occasionally, until they appear blistered, 30 to 35 minutes. Place peppers in a resealable plastic bag. Seal, and let stand for 10 minutes to loosen skins. Remove skins from peppers, and chop.
- Bake tomatoes and onions until they appear blistered, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool slightly, and chop.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add garlic, cooking for 1 minute. Add cream, corn, peppers, tomatoes, onions, red pepper, garlic powder, and salt, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cheeses, stirring until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/