Give this side a serious pick-me-up with the addition of an espresso-filled topping.
Roasted Sweet Potato Casserole with Coffee-Pecan Streusel
Makes 8 Servings
- 6 cups mashed roasted sweet potato
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup whole chocolate milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Coffee-Pecan Streusel (recipe follows)
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, beat potatoes and 1 teaspoon salt with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add brown sugar, chocolate milk, butter, eggs, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt; beat until smooth. Pour into a 13×9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle Coffee-Pecan Streusel onto sweet potato mixture.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, 35 to 40 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients using hands until crumbly. Set aside until ready to use.