Either as a breakfast or a snack, this Roasted Strawberry–Sweet Tea is a crowd-pleaser.
Roasted Strawberry–Sweet Tea Cornbread
Makes 1 (10-inch) loaf
- 1 (16-ounce) package fresh
- strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups plain yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1½ cups whole buttermilk
- ½ cup Lemony Sweet Tea Concentrate
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Tea-Infused Strawberry Butter (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven 375°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, stir together strawberries, granulated sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Arrange in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until tender and slightly caramelized, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely. Remove strawberries from juices, and pat dry on paper towels. Increase oven temperature to 400°.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, add oil and place skillet in oven until hot, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. In another large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, Lemony Sweet Tea Concentrate, eggs, and melted butter.
- Stir buttermilk mixture into cornmeal mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened. Toss roasted strawberries with remaining 1 tablespoon flour. Carefully spread batter into hot skillet.
- Bake until top is golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack. Invert onto serving platter or cutting board. Serve warm with Tea-Infused Strawberry Butter.
Tea-Infused Strawberry Butter
Makes ¾ cup
- ¼ cup puréed strawberries
- 2 tablespoons Lemony Sweet Tea Concentrate
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Beat all ingredients with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Serve at room temperature.