Baked with potatoes, onion, and rosemary, these flavorful chicken thighs will be a family favorite in no time.
Roasted Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 large bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 medium red potatoes, quartered (about 1½ pounds)
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 2½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Garnish: coarse salt, chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Sprinkle chicken, potatoes, and onion with 2 teaspoons salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add chicken, skin side down, to skillet; cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes more.
- Add potatoes and onion to skillet; sprinkle with rosemary and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Bake, stirring potatoes once, until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion of chicken registers 165° and potatoes and onion are tender, about 35 minutes. Garnish with coarse salt and rosemary, if desired.