Caramelized with natural sweetness and tossed with herbs, these Roasted Root Vegetables with Parmesan make a lovely side dish.
Roasted Root Vegetables with Parmesan
Makes about 6 servings
- 2 pounds medium golden beets, peeled and cut into ½-inch-thick wedges
- 1 pound carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 radishes, halved lengthwise
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, stir together beets, carrots, radishes, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in sage and rosemary; let cool to room temperature. Sprinkle with Parmesan just before serving.