The addition of cream cheese to the fluffy cream adds a delightful tang that balances well with sweet fruit and crumbly cookies.
Roasted Peach and Raspberry Parfaits
- 4 ripe fresh peaches, cut into ⅓-inch wedges
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 (5.3-ounce) box shortbread cookies, crumbled
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- On a baking sheet, toss together peaches, brown sugar, and butter.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add granulated sugar, vanilla, and salt, and beat until smooth. Add cream, and beat at high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold in zest.
- In a medium bowl, toss together crumbled cookies and almonds.
- In 4 large parfait glasses, layer shortbread mixture, peach mixture, 2 tablespoons raspberry jam, and ¼ cup cream mixture. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining cookie mixture. Serve immediately.