Side dish veggies don’t have to be boring, and this bacon-filled recipe is proof.
Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
Makes 6 servings
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 6 thin carrots, cut into 4-inch sticks
- 6 thin parsnips, cut into 4-inch sticks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, cook bacon over medium-low heat until crisp. Let drain on paper towels and chop. Reserve 3 tablespoons bacon drippings in skillet.
- Add carrots, parsnips, garlic, salt, and pepper to bacon drippings in skillet, spreading in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir vegetables; bake 15 minutes more. Remove from oven and add chopped bacon, honey, and oregano, tossing to combine. Serve warm.