A couple of these flavorful Roasted Cabbage Wedges on your plate make an irresistible side
Roasted Cabbage Wedges
Makes 4 servings
- 1 medium green cabbage (about 2 pounds)
- ¼cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Trim cabbage core and any excess leaves, but keep core intact. Cut cabbage in half and then each half into four equal wedges, and place on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan, cook oil and garlic over medium-low heat until garlic begins to brown. Brush the cut side of each cabbage wedge with garlic oil, using all the oil, and sprinkle evenly with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Set saucepan aside.
- Bake until tender and browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in reserved saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallot and cook until tender and golden brown. Add mustard, broth, and cream, whisking to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until thickened, 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and chives.
- To serve, place the cabbage wedges on a plate, and drizzle each with about 1 tablespoon mustard sauce.