No matter what else you’ve got on the menu, these Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Green Beans are sure to shine as a side.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Green Beans
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1½ pounds small to medium Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- ½ pound fresh haricot vert (French green beans), ends trimmed
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Drizzle a rimmed baking sheet with canola oil. Place in oven until hot, approximately 5 minutes. Carefully spread Brussels sprouts in an even layer on prepared pan.
- Bake 5 minutes. Add green beans to pan; bake until lightly browned and tender, approximately 10 minutes more. Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with pecans, rosemary, parsley, bacon, lemon zest and juice, salt, and pepper, tossing to combine.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/