Ricotta Lemon Pie
Write a review
- ½ recipe Basic Pie Dough
- 2 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-inch circle, about 1/8 inch thick. Transfer to a 9-inch pie dish, letting dough fall into place. Trim edges even with rim of pie dish. Using a paring knife, cut ½-inch notches in piecrust edge, spacing them ½ inch apart. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Prick bottom and sides of dough with a fork. Bake until edges are pale, 12 to 16 minutes.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine ricotta, sour cream, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt. Blend until light in color and smooth, about 3 minutes. Pour batter into prepared crust. Place pie on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until filling is set and just beginning to brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely before serving.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/