Yields: 4-6 servings
- 9 slices rye bread, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ pound sliced corned beef, chopped
- 1 (1-pound) package refrigerated sauerkraut, drained
- 1½ cups shredded Swiss or mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ cup Thousand Island dressing
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 2- to 2½-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together bread and melted butter. Bake until lightly browned, approximately 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine bread, beef, sauerkraut, ¾ cup cheese, dressing, and mustard, stirring well. Transfer mixture to prepared dish; sprinkle with remaining ¾ cup cheese.
- Bake until heated through and cheese melts, approximately 20 minutes.