Vibrant Red Velvet Bundt Cake is as festive as it gets. This bright red wreath with its snow-white frosting serves up the seasonal sweetness with every bite.
Red Velvet Bundt Cake
Makes 1 (10-cup) Bundt cake
- ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided and softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1¼ teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 5 teaspoons liquid red food coloring
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons whole buttermilk, divided and room temperature
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat ¾ cup butter and granulated sugar with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla, vinegar, and red food coloring.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with ¾ cup buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition.
- Spray a 10-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining 1 tablespoon butter with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons buttermilk, and remaining ¼ teaspoon vanilla, beating until a thick glaze forms. Spoon over cooled cake.