A simple fruity glaze takes this simple sour cream pound cake to new heights.
Raspberry Glazed Pound Cake
Yields: 1 (8-inch) cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½teaspoon kosher salt
- ½cup sour cream
- Raspberry Jam Glaze (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray an 8x8-inch metal cake pan with baking spray with flour.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar at medium speed until fluffy, 6 to 7 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Spoon into prepared pan, smoothing top with an offset spatula.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack. Drizzle with Raspberry Jam Glaze.
Raspberry Jam Glaze
Yields: about ½ cup
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- In a small bowl, whisk jam to smooth. Add confectioners’ sugar and milk, whisking until smooth. Use immediately.